Sunday, September 5, 2010

Banana bread with mystery guest

These days I realize there is almost always a mystery guest.  Don't tell Jessica Seinfeld, we don't have the money for defense lawyers right now.   But seriously, I can't believe there are even TWO cook books out there about sneaking food in to your food.  Give me an endorsement deal, I'm just sayin' -my Cuisinart makes food disappear.  That is all you need to know, what ever you are making chances are a good blend-able veggie has a place in it.  For reals.

So naturally, I'm talking about using some more of my pureed Skabetti Squash.

Mix dry ingredients:

2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp baking powder
salt
2 tbsp flax
2 tbsp wheat germ

mix:
1 cup brown sugar
1 stick soft butter
3 bananas
1 cup squash
1 cup vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup of oil
splash of milk if it needs to be thinned out

with beater mix in the dry stuff.

bake at 350 for 25 -ish minutes.

mine was really moist and served as a great vessel for "vanilla pudding sauce"  also known as instant vanilla pudding. 

i can't claim the boys ate the bread with abandon, but i think had it been served warm and with a sauce that was a little saucier and with a touch of savory ) i'm thinking if i could have incorporated mascarpone it would have worked better.  the bread itself is quite sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment