Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pumpkin Pie, with a tofu kind of orientation

So, as part of my son's now apparently hallucinated-by-me egg allergy, I felt compelled to provide for him an egg free pumpkin pie option.  He never did touch the thing as far as I know.  But, I liked it.  So fine.

I followed a super easy recipe by Rita on Food.com

*special note - when a recipe says at the end to "chill"  I like to take this to mean, "now calm the hell down and enjoy a glass of white."
 
 
Ingredients
Servings: 10

Directions
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 1 1/4 hr
  1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
  2. Cream the tofu, pumpkin and sugar in a food processor; add salt and spices, and mix thoroughly.
  3. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes.
  4. Lower heat to 350 F and bake for another 40 minutes.
  5. Chill and serve

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the tip on chillin with a white; i often forget that step and a spaz in the kitchen can ruin a good pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think drinking and Thanksgiving prep really should go hand in hand

    ReplyDelete