Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yam Gratin

So you might have thought my love affair with the cuisinart couldn't have possibly run deeper, but I discovered that it has a slicing attachment.  Needless to say we've been eating a lot of gratins lately.  Cause not only is it a belly-warming comfort food, it's really cheap, and now with my slicer it is really fast.

2 yams, sliced thin

put half in shallow baking dish.  pour about a cup of heavy cream over it, salt and pepper, dried minced onion, nutmeg (few pinches), sprinkle layer of shredded Parmesan cheese, add second half of yams, more cream, more salt and pepper, cover in cheese. 

My downfall was that i added pats of butter here and there,  but this melted and pooled and just looked disgusting.  It tasted good, but looked terrible and I don't think the butter really added anything to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment