Monday, August 30, 2010

Butterscotch Squash Muffins

These are awesome.  I can't really say it any other way.

I love having *random crap around, it always ends up being the best part of the end product.

So I have an abundance of spaghetti squash as I mentioned before.  I've now cooked two, have two sitting on the counter and I have at least four waiting in the garden.

I baked and then pureed one squash.  (look at baking directions in an earlier post).  In a bowl I combined:

2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup pureed squash
1 tbsp vanilla
*1 jell-o butterscotch pudding cup
1/4 - 1/2 cup of milk
2 tbsp vegetable oil

I also mixed in a generous portion of chocolate chips and topped with crumb topping that I happen to always have in a tupperware container in the fridge.

These are incredibly moist and delicious.  True the nasty processed unholy-ness of the pudding cup may sorta cancel the wholesome hippy vibe we were getting from that squash puree, but what can ya do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment